Sunday, April 27, 2014

I has been awhile since I wrote anything, so I though I might update my status. After the myriad of health issues I have suffered for most of my life it turns out that most of them were from chronic oxygen deprivation due to excessive bleeding from Colon Polyps that caused Iron deficient anemia. The other part of the problem was B12 and Folate anemia.

I did the genetic test with 23and me.com and then ran the Geneticgenie translation program on the reults, and it turns out I have a lot defective genes dealing with B12 recycling and Folate processing. After discussing this with my Naturopath I am on a vitamin program to address my additional needs for Folate and B12.

The result of this is treatment has been better mental and physical health, and specifically NO chronic depression! I don't get physically tired as easily, or mentally fatigued which has caused me to be short tempered in the past.  I've been pretty happy with a very good outlook on my life.  

It's been about a year since I went on the full dose of Folate and I have to say the changes in my life have been impressive!

Anyone struggling with health should consider taking the genetic test to evaluate your methylation cycles. Then see someone who practices functional medicine to help interpret the results and suggest a course of action.  Your best bet may be to look at naturopathy, functional medicine, or holistic medicine practitioners who can advise you on how to use the result of this breakthrough technology to your own advantage!

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment